City of Clyde, Texas
 | PO Box 1155, 222 Oak Street | Clyde, Texas 79510
Chamber of Commerce
City of Clyde
Economic Development

Animal Control


Terry DAVIS, Supervisor










The Clyde Animal Shelter will take animals you cannot keep.


Must be able to provide proof of ownership. forms of ownership can include, shot records, vet visit paper work in your name and adoption paper work! 

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 10am-2pm
Saturday 10am-2pm
Closed on Tuesday and Sunday

Animals are available for adoption and you may contact the Shelter for an appointment by calling 325-439-1482

Adoption Fee $50.00
Registration Fee $12.00
Yearly renewal Fee $12.00


More adoptable animals at:


1. Do I have to keep my dog on leash?
Yes, the City of Clyde has an animal ordinance that requires all pet owners to have their pets restrained at all times. (Ordinance# 2008-0t2 Section 2-4 every person who owns, keeps or is in charge of a dog shall restrain their dog at all times. This means off their property as well.)

2. Do I have to license my pets?
All dogs and cats are required by ordinance to be registered with Animal Control. (Ordinance # 2008-012 Section 2-30.6 No person shall own, keep or harbor a dog or cat over the age of four months within the City unless a license has been obtained for the same.)

3. How do I report an animal bite?
All animal bites can be reported to the Animal Control Department at 325-893-4234 or after hours at 325-854-1444. (After hours number is for emergencies only.)

4. Does Animal Control loan out traps to catch wild animals?
Animal Control does not loan out traps. If you have a wild animal problem, contact Animal Control at 325-893-2963 or 325-893-4234 and you will be placed on a trap list. The next available trap will be set at your address. Animal Control will set and run these traps.

5. How many dogs or cats can I have?
Ordinance # 2008-012 Section 2-2

No person shall harbor or keep more than four (4) dogs or four (4) cats or any combination of dogs and cats when the total exceeds four (4) animals over the age of ten (10) weeks except in an animal pound, hospital, clinic or kennel/cattery.


At City Hall: 325-893-4234
By Mail: PO Box 1155, Clyde, TX 79510
At the Kennel: 325-893-2963
AFTER 6PM: 325-439-1482
Fax:  325-893-5010

Send us an email HERE

Alerts and Notices

President’s Day Holiday

Clyde City Hall will be closed on Monday, February 18th, in observance of President's Day.   Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, February 19th.

Quick Links

City of Clyde, Texas    •   PO Box 1155, 222 Oak Street    •  Clyde, Texas 79510
© Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.
Website developed by Marketing Alliance, Inc.